How to set up your Viber Public Account with oratio
Photo credits belong to Viber.
The Tel Aviv based app Viber is one of the fastest growing mobile messengers of 2016 and currently boasts more than 800 million registered and 260 million monthly active users. Not only the sheer user base makes Viber attractive for businesses but also their new found focus on what they call 'Public Accounts'.
Public Accounts at Viber open up new possibilities for businesses to communicate with their customers through a variety of rich messaging opportunities. And, it also works the other way around; customers can reach their favorite brands easily via Public Accounts and initiate a conversation like with any other contact.
oratio is one of a few selected Trusted Partners who work closely together with Viber to provide you with a smooth and user-friendly customer service solutions. Also, adding your Viber Public Account to oratio comes with no additional costs - it is already covered in our Basic Package.
How to set up your Viber Public Account
For private users Public Accounts offer a great way to interact with brands, organizations or public figures. Since Public Accounts are seperate from your private number (similar to Facebook Pages) you have to create one first.
- First, apply for your Public Account here: https://www.viber.com/en/public-accounts
- Fill in your company data in and hit 'Submit'
- Wait for your Public Account to be approved - this can take up to 48 hours
- Once approved, open the Viber app and publish your account via Edit info
- Your Public Account is now live and will also be available in the Discover section after 24 hours
How to connect your Public Account with oratio
To receive your conversations in your oratio account you will need to connect your Public Account to our platform first. Messages pushed through from Viber will be 1 on 1 conversations. Don't worry, no conversations will go public.
- Log in to oratio and go to Settings > Accounts
- Scroll down to 'Add Messenger' and click on Viber
- Enter your Viber API key which you can find in the Viber App in your account information
Tips for promoting your Public Account
In order to achieve maximum results with your Viber Public Account you need to get people to follow it. It is not enough if they have your number. Here are some useful tips on how to get exposure:
- Share your Public Account page on your website, social media channels or directly with your customers.
- Share your QR code so people can easily scan it with their mobile phone.
- Mention the exact branding of your Viber Public Account in your communication so that people can search for it in the Discover section.
- And last but not least, stay active within the community, create engagement and your channel might get featured on the front page of Viber Public Accounts.
We hope that this article was helpful for you. If you have any more questions feel free to write us on our oratio Support via Viber Public Accounts: https://chats.viber.com/Oratio